Thursday, March 15, 2012

Another Busy Week

I finally got over to Richard and Lisa's to check out their new place.  I helped them move last week and had seen this place, but this was the first chance I had to really check it out.  This week the weather was great and they were all outside enjoying the spring.  As I expected, they are the neighborhood hang out.

The New Crib
These were some of my best hook-ups by the church and they moved.  The new place is really nice and I got the grand tour.  Darryl has like a bachelor pad upstairs.  Pete said the only thing he needs now is a woman.  These are really good people and care about their neighborhood.  A good resource.
The awesome garden crew

We got the garden beds done.  The crew showed up and did the work-impressive.  It was a good afternoon to do all this.   Fortunately, Valerie brought her guy, Max.  The good thing was that Max had a grinder to cut the rebar.  I had a jig saw, but it just didn't have enough guts to cut the rebar.  We had to hand saw some of the timbers and Patrick was amazing!  Patrick sawed through those timbers like they were butter.  Anyway, we got the beds done.  We're a little short on rebar, but I picked it up this week and there's some dirt piles that I think we can use to fill a small bed.

I had a meeting with Josiah this week and he told me about how he had a handle on a dump truck.  Thank God.  I checked out dirt prices and I didn't know how we were going to fill the beds.  Now we have a truck and can get the free compost from the city.  God is so good!

I am really loving doing this community ministry and the challenge is figuring out how I can keep doing it.  I might be able to get something out of the presbytery and I have been talking with a guy who would like me to do a program thing.  I pray God works this so I can keep doing what I'm doing for the next several years.



No comments:

Post a Comment